Saturday, July 26, 2008

Deployed a Large Server Farm Today

Today is a good day to me since I worked with our client to finish 2 days server farm deployment.

We have 8 servers in this farm: two web front end, one index server, one query server, one project server, one Excel service server and two SQL clustered server.

I joked to my client that I will bump my head to the wall three times since I misunderstood that we have to use Kerberos to deploy a farm like this. So today's reault gave me one good and one bad thing:

1. It approved that I was wrong and I learned from it with well documented steps.

2. I have to find out why my previous test deployment failed with authentication errors,which definitely has nothing to do with Kerberos.

I will put my experience here since I believe some points should be cleared.

This is definitely a good feeling to enjoy the whole weekend after some unpleasant issues, especially I learned more today.

No comments: