Friday, June 27, 2008

First Day of SharePoint Conference

Today is the first day of Northern Virginia Regional SharePoint Conference at Dulles Holiday Inn. There were more vendors there, more people there, more speakers (including myself) and more tracks. Cool day.

There were three tracks for Developers, Administrators or Managers. I followed the developer track though I haven't done any heavy weight coding for a while. However, this is a better way (at least to myself) to learn ideas from others, not necessary has to be done with coding.

Ed Hild expanded his using workflows to do site provision and it was one of the topic made my eye opened. This was the third time he talked about the same topics and he added lots more than I expected. Especially he used event handler and out-of-box approval workflow to do the same thing without deploy a VS.Net workflow. I also like ed's style a lot. He has the whole thing on his blog, go check it out.

Also exciting was met some people from a training more than two years and exchange ideas. This is a very long day (from 7 AM to almost 6 PM) but very good one.

I am going to have a short speech to present some no-codes workflow examples tomorrow. If you are coming, join us and have fun.

See ya!

No comments: